Associate Intellectual Property Attorney
- Contact: Hiring@rosenbaumip.com
Associates are responsible for i) day-to-day production of billable work delegated by a supervising originating shareholder, ii) contribution to the Firm’s marketing and branding programs, and iii) client service and client development. The main objectives of each area of responsibility are designated below:
- Producing Client Work Product
- Outstanding Communication
- Insightful and In-depth Analysis
- Individual and Team Accountability
- Identifying & Closing Leads
- Selling within Profit Margin Specification
- Self-Generation Opportunities
- Accountability & Reporting
CLIENT SERVICE & DEVELOPMENT
- Client Satisfaction & Retention
- Repeat & Referral Business
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides legal advice to clients in a timely and courteous manner.
- Achieves requisite billable work and revenue targets.
- Provides quick turnaround and high quality output in oral and written communications.
- Is proactive and committed to business development opportunities to advance the profile and growth of the firm.
- Is involved in training, education, technical and personal development activities to meet the strategic goals and objectives of the firm.
- Works effectively and efficiently within designated teams.
- Supports other lawyers, paralegals and staff as directed or required
- Actively seeks professional guidance and development from senior lawyers where appropriate.
- Developing, implementing and executing marketing campaigns; monitoring and analyzing campaign performance
- Conducting research and analyzing data to identify and define client audiences
- Identifying new business opportunities and devising and presenting strategies to pursue them
- Promotional activities; organizing events and exhibitions
- Compiling and distributing financial and statistical information
- Writing, proofreading and publishing social media copy
- Maintaining websites and monitoring data analytics with recommendations to Management Committee
- Updating databases and using a customer relationship management (CRM) system
Qualifications & Skills:
J.D. degree from ABA accredited law school required
- Admitted to the bar of at least one state
- Registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- 2+ years law firm experience practicing intellectual property law
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Proactive and self-starter with an innate curiosity
- Excellent listener
- Exceptional writing capability
- Patient and persistent
- Good teamwork skills
- Communication skills and networking ability
- Adaptability and accountability
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organization and planning skills
- Creativity and writing skills
- Commercial awareness
- Numerical skills
- High degree of familiarity and interest in social media marketing