- Rosenbaum IP received numerous recognition awards, including: Acquisition International AI Legal Awards—Best for IP Asset Development 2016, Acquisition International AI 2016 Intellectual Property Award for Best Life Sciences IP Law Firm—Illinois, Global Law Experts Patent Law Firm of the Year in Illinois 2015, Acquisition International Intellectual Property Best in Medical Laser IP—USA 2015, ACQ Global 2015 and 2016 Full Service IP Law Firm of the Year, ACQ Global 2015 and 2016 Biomedical IP Law Firm of the Year, ACQ Global 2015 and 2016 Biotechnological IP Law Firm of the Year.
- In coordination with European Counsel, the Firm successfully obtained reversal in three proceedings at the Opposition Appeal Board of the European Patent Office in European Patents Nos. EP 1028672, EP 1267749 and EP 1420717 for Palmaz Scientific, Inc. Intellectual property portfolios developed by the firm for five long-standing clients resulted in four acquisitions and one exclusive licensing arrangement which were collectively valued in excess of $1.6 Billion, exclusive of future royalty income.
- These intellectual property portfolios were developed over many years of collaboration with the firm and consist of domestic and foreign patents, patent applications, trademarks, service marks, copyrights and trade secrets.
- The Firm assisted Complexa, Inc., of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in connection with due diligence conducted by JAFCO Life Sciences Investment in support of closing Complexa’s Series B Financing Round of $13 Million.
- We represented Complexa, Inc. in securing exclusive licenses to patent portfolio’s from the University of Pittsburgh and the University of Utah pertaining to nitrated fatty acids and their use in treating a variety of medical conditions.
- The Firm served as IP counsel to BiO2 Medical, Inc., of San Antonio, Texas, and assisted in closing multiple financing round totaling over $44 Million with the most recent proceeds being used to enroll patients in its pivotal clinical trial to support regulatory approval for the ANGEL® Catheter.
- The Firm participated in negotiating and finalizing an agreement between DSM, a global leader in biomedical materials science and regenerative medicine, and BiO2 Medical, Inc. under which DSM is supplying is proprietary ComfortCoat® lubricious coating and its coating expertise to BiO2 Medical.
- David Rosenbaum accepted an appointment as a Visiting Professor at Grinnell College, Grinnell, Iowa, to teach courses entitled: “Intellectual Property and its Role in Global Socioeconomic Shifts” and
“Intellectual Law and Policy: the Intersection of Public Policy and Legal Regulation” where he also serves as a member of the Committee managing the Donald L. Wilson Program in Enterprise and Leadership.
- The Firm was appointed outside Intellectual Property Counsel by several major universities and entered into an institutional level representation agreement in the field of robotics and nanotechnology.
- The Firm exhibited at the AUTM Annual Meeting, the BIO International Conference, the Illinois BIO IndEX life sciences exposition and conference in Chicago, Illinois and at NanoTX in Dallas, Texas, a leading annual nanotechnology industry conference.
No Guarantee of Results: Many of the practice summaries and individual attorney biographies on this website describe results obtained in matters handled for Rosenbaum IP clients. These descriptions are meant only to provide information about the activities and experience of our attorneys. They are not intended as a guarantee that the same or similar results can be obtained in every matter undertaken by our attorneys; and you should not assume that a similar result can be obtained in a legal matter of interest to you. The outcome of a particular matter can depend on a variety of factors—including the specific factual and legal circumstances, the ability of opposing counsel, and, often, unexpected developments beyond the control of any client or attorney.